When the sun is out in full-force and you want an icy drink, but you know that you just can't swing on in to one of those espresso stands, look into that adorable, tanned, 20-something barista's eyes and request a sugar-laden (or artificial-sweetener-filled) treat, then I have just the thing!
The Guilt-Free Italian Cream Soda
- 1 cup Sparkling Mineral Water (with lime or lemon essence works well here too)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (check the ingredients for a 'carageenan-free' brand) - Large, isolated Asian Markets have THE BEST prices on cans of this!
- 4 Frozen Strawberries (or equivalent amount of other type of berries or fruit)
- 1 tsp Stevia *optional (add more or less, or some other 'sweetener')
- Place the coconut milk, berries and sweetener in a blender and blend.
- Fill a glass full of ice-cubes and pour the coconut milk/ berry blend over the ice and top with the mineral water.
- Stir and sip while out on your sun-drenched patio (or wherever you see fit)!